Bad Breath (Halitosis) Treatment Blackburn
Bad breath is not only embarrassing and socially inhibiting, it is also an indication that something is not quite right, usually in the mouth. 80% of bad breath stems from dental decay, gum disease or poor oral hygiene. Food and plaque remaining on your teeth, tongue or gums can be used as a fuel source by the anaerobic, sulfur-producing bacteria, which causes bad breath.
Top 5 Ways to reduce BAD BREATH:
- Brush your teeth twice a day and clean in between your teeth (with floss or interdental brushes) daily.
- Use a tongue scraper to remove odor-causing bacteria on the tongue.
- Visit your dentist twice a year for dental check up and clean to eliminate hidden dental problems.
- Stimulate your salivary flow with chewing gum, lozenges, or mints that are sugar free.
- Increase fibrous fruits and vegetables, and reduce carbohydrate intake.
At Hearts Dental, your dentists are highly trained in bad breath diagnosis and its elimination. We make personalised oral health product recommendation such as mouthwash and toothpaste, as well as making dietary recommendations to help you maintain fresh breath. If we find that your mouth is healthy, our dentists will refer you to a medical professional to determine other causes of bad breath.