Professional Accreditations and Achievements
Since graduation from the University of Melbourne in 2006 with honours, Dr. Guo has clocked up over 5000 hours of further study, dedicating a significant amount of her time and effort into improving her clinical skills so as to provide the best treatments for her patients. Here are some of her professional certifications and achievements:
- Five-year dental degree with Honours at Melbourne University 2006
- Two-year Postgraduate Diploma in Implant dentistry at Melbourne University 2012 – 2014
- Invisalign Certificate 2012
- ClearCorrect Certificate 2013
- Trinon International Institute of Implantology training 2014
- obtaining qualification for a postgraduate diploma in implant dentistry at University of Melbourne in 2014
- Two-year mini-residency in Progressive Orthodontic Seminars series, which is one of the most up-to-date and comprehensive orthodontic courses in the industry 2014-2016
- FastBraces Certificate 2017
- Somnomed Certificate 2017
- Training with Dermamedical Australia to provide dento-facial injectables (anti-wrinkles and dermal fillers) 2018
- Training with Myofocus in providing pre-orthodontic facial and dental improvements in young children to minimise their need for future orthodontic work 2018
- A member of the International Team of Implantology, Australian Periodontal Society and Australian Prosthodontic Society
- She is also a past clinical teaching consultant at the Melbourne Dental School, a subsidiary of Melbourne University from 2013-2017
- Dr. Guo is currently completing a two year orthodontic residency with IAAD (International Academy of Advanced Dentistry), due to graduate in 2020.
Some Personal Fun facts about DR. QING GUO
According to urbandictionary.com, a person named Qing always has brilliant intelligence, perfect personality and great sense of humor. Those who have met Dr. Qing Guo would happily testify to that!
Here are some personal fun facts about Dr. Qing Guo:
- Qing is pronounced as “Ching” in the Chinese language. However, she loves to hear different versions of her names. Her favourite is “Queenie”.
- Qing is fluent in English and Mandarin. Her Cantonese is however strictly limited to restaurant menu items.
- Qing is obsessed with beautiful smiles. She believes that everyone is beautiful in some way, and it is her mission to bring out the beauty for everyone, with a confident smile.
- Qing believes in the importance of having good and strong teeth so you can enjoy your food and your life. One of her biggest career satisfaction is to rebuild people’s confidence in eating again by eliminating their dental pain and enabling them to love food again.
- Qing is conscious of the dental anxiety that many people have, having experienced fearful dental visits of her own as a young child. She has a calm and gentle manner that naturally places people at ease, with many patients following her from practice to practice.
- Qing and her husband Wally have two young children and a fur baby Shiba Inu famous for his Houdini acts. She is also quite obsessed with brushing everyone’s teeth, including Katsu the Shiba Inu.