MEET DR. QING GUO
According to urbandictionary.com, a person named Qing always has brilliant intelligence, perfect personality and great sense of humor. Those who have met Dr. Qing Guo would happily testify to that! Here are some fun facts about Dr. Qing Guo:
- Qing is pronounced as “Ching” in the Chinese language. However, she loves to hear different versions of her names. Her favourite is “Queenie”.
- Qing is fluent in English and Mandarin. Her Cantonese is however strictly limited to restaurant menu items.
- Qing is obsessed with beautiful smiles. She believes that everyone is beautiful in some way, and it is her mission to bring out the beauty for everyone, with a confident smile.
- Qing believes in the importance of having good and strong teeth so you can eat whatever you want. One of her biggest career satisfaction is to rebuild people’s confidence in eating again by eliminating their dental pain and enabling them to love food again.
- Qing is conscious of the dental anxiety that many people have, having experienced fearful dental visits of her own as a young child. She has a calm and gentle manner that naturally place people at ease, with many patients following her from practice to practice.
- Qing and her husband Wally have two young children and a fur baby Shiba Inu. She is also quite obsessed with brushing everyone’s teeth, including Katsu the Shiba Inu.
- Qing is a CPD addict (Continued Professional Development). She has clocked up over 5000 hours of study time since graduation, dedicating a significant amount of her personal time and effort into improving her clinical skills so she can provide the most suitable treatments for her patients.
Dr Qing Guo gained her qualification in dentistry in 2006, then again postgraduate diploma in implant dentistry in 2014.
She is also a clinical teaching consultant at the Melbourne Dental School, a subsidiary of Melbourne University.
Some of Dr. Qing Guo’s professional certifications include:
Five-year undergraduate dental science degree with Honours at Melbourne University
Two-year Postgraduate Diploma in Implant dentistry at Melbourne University
Invisalign and ClearCorrect aligner orthodontic systems to provide a clear alternative to straightening teeth
Two-year mini-residency in Progressive Orthodontic Seminars series, which is one of the most up-to-date and comprehensive orthodontic courses in the world
Training with Dermamedical to provide dento-facial injectables (anti-wrinkles and dermal fillers)
Training with Myofocus in providing pre-orthodontic facial and dental improvements in young children to minimise their need for future orthodontic work.